How safe are you with that nanny, maid, steward, cook, security guards, driver, lesson teacher, etc, whether at home or in the office?
We are all shouting “Security! Security!! Security”!!! but are we not all guilty?
1) All the above mentioned people working with us, do we have their guarantors?
Do you ever visit their referees even after a year or two of their engagement?
2) Do we ever revisit their home address provided or call to see if there has been a change in address or phone numbers?
3) Did you register the maid, drivers, nannies, etc, you keep in your homes with the relevant agencies such as the Police, Safety Commission or Neighbourhood Vigilante groups?
Do you have their photographs?
4) Do you attend your Estate/Street meetings or are you so reserved that you have no relationship with your neighbors and too busy to attend meetings?
5) Do you have a What’sApp group for residents only for emergency messages such as when a neighbour is being attacked or robbed, a fire incident, a neighbour is critically ill and needs urgent help and other emergencies?
6) Do you know that your cook, nanny, driver, steward, maid, day care center handlers or lesson teacher, etc, could be HIV positive?
He/She can have Hepatitis B or even tuberculosis?
What will it cost you to do a medical test for them before you employ them?
It is your life that is in danger if you engage a sick victim without knowing their medical history.
7) That househelp you get yearly from an agent. Have u ever bothered to check where the agent lives or whatever job he does.
Do u know the Househelp he gives could be a thief. Hired killer or kidnapper.
The housegirls/ nannies you allow to sleep in your childrens room could be an agent of the devil.
They could be criminals
8) Do you know that your driver could be a wanted person by the police in another state for theft or kidnapping?
Have you done a check on him with the Police and do you have a 5×7 photograph of him?
Never allow your daughters get too familiar with drivers.
Especially when they are below 16. They can be raped by these drivers.
Drivers Must never be allowed to take children to school alone.
There must always be a female adult in the car.
Do you know that your driver could be hypertensive, have Hbp, poor eye sight or he could have an enlarged heart and not fit to drive?
9) Is your security guard a citizen or a foreigner from Niger, Chad and Benin Republic? How did/can you confirm that? If he is a foreigner, is he
Registered by the requisite organisation and eligible to work here?
10) Never talk about money transactions or cost of your jewelleries or valuables in the presence of your domestic staff.
11) Never allow Househelp tidy your room when you are not there. It is a time they search your room to know where valuable things are kept and waiting for the right time to. Operate and run away.
12). Most theft usually have in-house informants. Please note that the longer your domestic staff work with you, the more dangerous they can be.
13) Are u aware that your domestic staff monitor your movement?, Do you also do same?. It is good to monitor them. Go home or office when they least expect u.
14) The HEAD of the family must always ensure that all gates leading into your house is CHECKED and LOCKED by him every night.
15). Criminal are deadly, They wait for a time to strike when you least expect and they are hardly ever thought to be the suspect.
Don’t be a victim.
Do all the necessary checks immediately.
NEVER EVER GET DOMESTIC STAFF AND DRIVERS. FROM. THE SAME SOURCE
IT IS DEADLY.
Get a CCTV installed into your house and monitor from your phones.
Save your life and that of your loved ones.
Crime rate is on the increase daily.
Security and safety is everyone’s business including you ?and I ?
REMEMBER, YOU ARE NUMBER ONE SECURITY TO YOURSELF!!!